Monday, July 14, 2008

Drum Corps


The Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps, have been practicing at the local high school for the past few nights. On Saturday morning Sarah and I woke up to their instrument tunning. We decided to take advantage of the cooler day and we walked down with the girls to watch some of their practice. Adrianna was absolutely amazed, we think that is partly because the Madison Scouts are an all boy corps. She loved the beat of the drums, the marching, and the "horns" and trumpets as she called them. Alicia wasn't so thrilled, she did not enjoy the noise as much, espeically the sharp chirp of the metronome. We really enjoyed watching them, next year we are going to plan on going to the competition they have in Denver.




Adrianna loved it so much that she insisted on going down Sunday also where they were practicing again before heading out to Albuquerque. Lets go see the "horns" daddy!

2 comments:

Rach said...

We heard them practicing all weekend as well. We should have joined you there!!

Anonymous said...

Blogs...blogs...and more blogs! The world has become one big BLOG! I spend at least 45 minutes visiting family blogs every morning...so even when I do not leave a comment I do look and read your postings.
Thank you for keeping me close to you and your family!